• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth-Car Hands Free N1 AT&T

mazinkaiser

Lurker
Mar 26, 2010
Hello all,
Just got an N1 AT&T unlocked.
Paired it with a Nissan 350Z bluetooth hand free. It pairs and the light on the car says it's connected. The N1 BT icon says is connected as well.
When a call comes in, the car and the phone will both ring. When I pick up the call, either on the phone or the car, the system will switch to "phone" but the call always goes to the phone. I have only been able to actually use the car's handsfree once.

Is anyone else having issues with their BT hands free in their cars.

The other phones I had worked perfectly.

Mine paired up with my car first time perfectly and syncs every time I get into the car. Calls are routed to the car and not the phone and everything is loud and clear.

Try making a call to voicemail so you can play around with settings while in the car. See if you can change from headset to car and back. See if one of them sticks.

Upvote 0
Here’s an update for everyone experiencing an issue with not receiving audio through your hands-free Bluetooth system in your Nissan/Infinity vehicles. This problem refers to the fact that the Nexus One pairs and allows voice dialing through the car’s (Bose) system perfectly; but when the call connects, the audio does not come through the system but only through the phone.

I spoke with Nissan and discovered that they had no record of this issue. But, we found that once the call connects, you can issue a “transfer call” voice command to your car’s system that is intended to transfer the call from the system to your phone for privacy purposes. If you issue the “transfer call” voice command to your car’s system a second time, the call is transferred back to your car’s system and the audio works perfectly.

According to the Nissan tech that I spoke with, the problem is a software issue with the Nexus One and it will be reported to HTC. Whether or not it ever gets fixed by HTC is another issue.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones