1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bluetooth connected but wont play Media

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sean3481, Aug 29, 2011.

1. sean3481

sean3481 Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Does anyone have the same issue with their Driod X2 where it will connect to your bluetooth but wont play any media. I have it setup in my truck and it was working great, but now it will not play any media (via pandora). I am still able to make calls with my vehicle's bluetooth setup. Any answers? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Android Enthusiast

May 12, 2010
    Earth
    I could be wrong here, but I don't believe you can. at least I've never been able to figure out how

3. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Web to Print Content Developer
    NC
    I tend to have problems when I enable the bluetooth on my phone AFTER the bluetooth is already on on the connecting device. If the phone's bluetooth connection is activated BEFORE the connecting device, it works fine. :(

Alternatively, are you certain your bluetooth setup supports media? Some are mono and designed for calls only.

4. mrphil101

mrphil101 Newbie
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    no answer? I have the same issue with different hardware. I have two bluetooth devices, A moto infinity that I had setup for phone audio and a Sony MW600 stereo headset that was configured for media audio. Everything was working great until the other day and now neither device will connect to media audio. If media only is selected for the device, it will not connect. if phone media only is selected, connects ok. If both are selected only phone audio connects.

5. friend816

friend816 Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2011
    I am having the same issues. I have bluetooth through my vehicle. At first I could play media (pandora specifically) from the phone through my vehicle's bluetooth. It now shuts off and disconnects the bluetooth. I would love a fix to this ASAP!

6. peter95973

peter95973 Lurker
    None

Feb 7, 2012
    I have a sony car stereo that is set up for both phone and music steaming. It seems that the phone always connects. But the music streaming is hit and miss. I have tried several other droids (droid,droid 2,droid x and droid x2) none seems to connect all the time. I had an iphone and blackberry storm m2 that worked perfect. I'm not sure is it the phone or my deck. I'm using a sony bluethooth mex-bt2600.