• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth connection from phone to car drops

555.john

Lurker
Jun 6, 2011
Ever since I upgraded to GB (2.3.3 Build 4.5.1_57_DX5-26) the Bluetooth connection between my Droid X (Verizon Wireless) and my car (2006 Acura RL with HandsFreeLink) drops from call to call when using the handsfree controls in the car to place calls. Specifically, if I use the steering wheel controls to place the first call, it goes through fine; just like it should. But if I need to do the same thing on call #2 (after ending call #1) I most often find that that the Bluetooth connection between the phone and the car was been lost. The car will attempt to communicate with the phone, then fail, and the result is that the BT connection is lost. Typically, the connection will spontaneously reconnect moments later and I can then place the new call. I'm not positive, but I believe that I could "solve" the problem by attempting to place the call from the phone, but this greatly diminishes the benefit of hands free dialing.

I have tried several times to delete the phone and re-pair but this doesn't fix the trouble. Prior to the upgrade everything worked perfectly.

Stumped and frustrated.

Help?? Ideas?? Suggestions??

Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones