1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bluetooth Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cilraaz, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Cilraaz

Cilraaz Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    Has anyone else had a problem connecting a bluetooth headset to their X2? I have a Plantronics Explorer 245. I can pair it perfectly fine. The phone connects to the bluetooth immediately upon pairing. However, if I power down the bluetooth at any point, the phone will never connect to it again. I have to unpair the headset and re-pair it. This would obviously be annoying if I had to do it every single time I plan to use the bluetooth headset.

Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions on things to try?

Advertisement

2. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Web to Print Content Developer
    NC
    I tried to recreate your problem today by connecting a Rocketfish stereo headset (RF-BTHP01) and streaming Slacker for 30 minutes. After half an hour, I quit Slacker and turned off the headset. When I checked my bluetooth settings on the phone, it showed that the headset was still paired but not connected. As soon as I powered on the headphones, the X2 recognized them and reconnected.

Have you ever connected your headset to another device? Is it possible that the other device is stil active (like a laptop)? If so, perhaps your phone can't connect because the headset is still "registered" with a different device. I believe you can "reset" the headphones to de-connect with all previous devices, then reconnect to just the phone.

3. Cilraaz

Cilraaz Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    It was originally paired with my Droid 2, but that's several miles away from me at the moment. I'm probably just going to bite the bullet and get a new bluetooth that's A2DP compliant. Verizon has a Jabra for $40 that I might grab.

4. i_am_booked

i_am_booked Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    i regularly connect my moto s9-hd headset to my x2 with no problems.