1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Bluetooth Connectivity Improvement?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blazin65, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Blazin65

Blazin65 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    When I first bought the LG Optimus V, (Virgin Mobile) over the summer, Bluetooth connecitivity with my car was dropping so much that is was basically worthless, so I turned it off after several attempts at re-pairing.

Fast forward 5 months, and over the weekend I turned on Bluetooth and surprisingly it stayed connected 100% of the time.

Has Virgin Mobile done something to improve this? Or has the phone been corrected from an automatic download I don't know anything about?

Anyone's comment apprecited.

Advertisement

2. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Aurora CO
    No. Bluetooth is Pacific to your device it probibilly wasn't working properly or it was a bad pair

3. bac22

bac22 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    I never have had a problem with bluetooth, but then again I've only been using it for about 2 months.

4. Blazin65

None

Aug 3, 2011
    Nevermind, because it went back to it's old self yesterday. The connection with my car was on and off.

This really stinks and doesn't make since because my old phone was an LG also and the connection (pairing) with my car was 100% all the time. For those who don't understand what I'm saying, I'm saying that when I press the phone button in my car there is a very long time for the phone to respond, and then even after that it might say "phone not available", when the phone is sitting right there.

I still am of the theory that this problem has something to do with the signal of the phone. Verizon's signal was much better in my area. Sprint, not so great. For example, the bluetooth connection on this new phone works great around the mall, not so great three miles from the mall (but still a heavily populated area)

5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    How old is your car.
    The Bluetooth technology used in these phones is more advanced .
    I had a flip phone that worked great with a visor mount device I had, but when I bought this phone it wouldn't work properly.
    I had to get one that had the same technology as the phone.
    this might very well be your problem. Your cars Bluetooth technology is behind the phones.
    Go to Walmart and get a Motorola visor mount. I've only seen the one i now have, Model T215.
    It will auto import your phone contacts, as well as auto shut off when out of range. When back in range it auto turns on, pairs and connects. If away more than an hour then you have to turn off then back on to auto pair and connect.

6. Blazin65

None

Aug 3, 2011
    My car is 2011. Bought the car in March, the phone in July, so you would think that the car wouldn't be the problem, since like I said, the old LG phone worked. But even though the car is 2011, that may not mean the bluetooth technology in the car is 2011.

In fact, I might just call the dealer about this and find out if there is an update on the car's bluetooth. I'll put that on my list of to dos. :)

7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    While at the dealership see if they can get your phone and car to pair and connect.

Tags: