• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bluetooth discoverable mode

aznkitten

Dec 29, 2009
Hi there, I'm fairly new to the android platform but im getting the hang of it by the minute. I've previously owned a blackberry pearl, nokia e71, nokia n97. I've also used the Iphone 3gs, palm treo 500, samsung blackjack, htc tilt, nokia n95. From a wide range of smartphones, I must say, android is by far the fastest (when it comes to booting up, loading apps, viewing pages and maps, and just about everything else). The display is very crisp too. I am using the new google phone that is supposedly coming out next month in case you guys are wondering. Feature-wise, its lacking some of the essentials of a stock smart phone... but the Market is where you go to fill that void.

So far, I haven't had any luck finding an app that will make my phone in discoverable mode all the time. There's a limit under your bluetooth settings of 106 seconds or so, but I would prefer it if there was no limit. Suggestions anyone?

Hi there, I'm fairly new to the android platform but im getting the hang of it by the minute. I've previously owned a blackberry pearl, nokia e71, nokia n97. I've also used the Iphone 3gs, palm treo 500, samsung blackjack, htc tilt, nokia n95. From a wide range of smartphones, I must say, android is by far the fastest (when it comes to booting up, loading apps, viewing pages and maps, and just about everything else). The display is very crisp too. I am using the new google phone that is supposedly coming out next month in case you guys are wondering. Feature-wise, its lacking some of the essentials of a stock smart phone... but the Market is where you go to fill that void.

So far, I haven't had any luck finding an app that will make my phone in discoverable mode all the time. There's a limit under your bluetooth settings of 106 seconds or so, but I would prefer it if there was no limit. Suggestions anyone?

I have this phone...if you really had this phone you wouldnt' have asked this question. By default, on the second window to the right you have that 5 button bar that has the following:

wifi, bluetooth, sound, refresh, brightness

You should know that you can click on and off each of those to keep them on or off.

Upvote 0
I have this phone...if you really had this phone you wouldnt' have asked this question. By default, on the second window to the right you have that 5 button bar that has the following:

wifi, bluetooth, sound, refresh, brightness

You should know that you can click on and off each of those to keep them on or off.

Lol. Are you implying I don't actually have the phone? Don't worry, not going to steal your thunder, and post pictures to prove it... ok? So you can still sleep better now. Glad you dont work for google anymore.

Wow Einstein there IS that power switch on the other window when I slide to the right! Good job. Wow. Did that solve my problem? No. Do me a favor, tap that bluetooth switch on and go to your bluetooth settings. Now tell me, if the discoverable field is checked? Hmm didn't think so. You should know this since you are the mighty owner (I mean borrower) of this monster phone.

Did I pass the nexus one test? (a rethorical question)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones