• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth discovery issue?

Ok, so I did a search, and I couldn't find any posts with this issue, so here goes:

I just got my Evo yesterday, and so far everything has been great! I did most of the suggestions in the battery fix threads, and I managed to only drop to about 60% battery after 24 hours, even with decent usage.

The problem that I discovered today was that I seem to be unable to pair to any Bluetooth devices after turning the radio back on (first time trying to pair). When I turn everything on, I simply can't see anything when I search for devices. I put the earpiece that I'm trying to link to in discovery mode, and the phone never sees it. Neither does it see the printer Bluetooth interface or the PC Bluetooth. The printer, at least, should be always discoverable.

Finally, I tried linking to my wife's phone, and it could neither see her phone when I set it to discoverable, nor could her phone see mine when I made it discoverable.

It looks to me as if my Bluetooth radio is completely non-functional, but does anyone know if there may be something simple that I'm missing? A hidden setting or a Bluetooth diagnostic test that I could run (loopback or other)? Does anyone know if the Bluetooth module is integrated on the main PCA or is a add-on module that might be disconnected?

Thanks,
Brew

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones