1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bluetooth doesn't work & kills exterior speaker

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Black_Clydesdale, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Black_Clydesdale

None

Jan 27, 2014
    I bought one of these little boombox bluetooth speaker w/ mic. It paired & connected no problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3 but as soon as it did, it killed my Galaxy external speaker and nothing comes out of the bluetooth speaker. I tried it with my wife's iPhone & co-workers' iPhone and it works great. I tried everything I could think of to get my galaxy's exterior speaker to work again and nothing but I eventually figured out that the only way I could was to remove the battery for a few seconds & re-install.

I thought the problem might have been the bluetooth speaker so I returned it and bought a different brand name and same problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please? :thinking:

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Try running BT Mono. Some BT devices look to the phone like they're used to make (or take) phone calls, so things get kind of funny when you use them for something else. (The speaker will probably work for a phone call.)

Load the music player, or whatever you're running, then run BT Mono and press the On button, and the sound should come from the Bluetooth speaker.

Black_Clydesdale likes this.
  3. Black_Clydesdale

None

Jan 27, 2014
    I hear what you're saying but I can't figure out how to switch Bluetooth to mono. lol Can you guide me please?

Thanks again

4. Black_Clydesdale

None

Jan 27, 2014
    Ok, I was trying again; the little speaker box works with the phone service. I tried playing music and doesn't work; it shows that I can't play music while on call. So I went in the bluetooth setting and unchecked the connection to the phone and left the audio connected and still nothing. :banghead: It's not on call so WTF?

This bluetooth with android is really pissing me off. There shouldn't be this kind of hassle; should be "connect & play" like iphone does.
    :banghead:

5. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    Alabama USA
  6. Black_Clydesdale

None

Jan 27, 2014
    Thanks GTWalling, I'll try it tonight and report back.

7. Black_Clydesdale

None

Jan 27, 2014
    I'm afraid that app didn't help at all. I emailed the company that makes these cube speaker and even they don't know. I asked them if they have a Samsung Galaxy S3 to try their own product and get back to me? Apparently not.

I give up after a week of frustration.

8. Black_Clydesdale

None

Jan 27, 2014
    Problem fixed..... Did some more research and found out that if the TextPlus app is installed (it is on mine), go into the TextPlus setting and uncheck the box for "Enable incoming calls" and reboot. All works now. Unreal!
    :stickyman: