• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth doing my head in

I drive a Ford S Max Titanium. It has the Sony sound setup that has Bluetooth built in.

The phone connects to the bluetooth when I switch the ignition on and cuts out the radio when I have an incoming call, no problems there.

If I connect it to the Bluetooth Audio on the system the music plays even although I did not start it and when you hit the pause button on the bluetooth audio player on the phone it will not pause. Just to complicate things I tried the Navigation software and the voice was coming through on top of the playing audio.

I would just like to have the navigation software working without the music. I have tried various setups to no avail and it is now doing my head in.

Assistance required from some of the experts on the forums.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply but the music player I am talking about seems to be part of the bluetooth audio.

Well of course it does. That's what is supposed to happen when you have Bluetooth connected. :rolleyes:):

Still doesn't answer my question. Do you have a third party music player (mixzing, power amp, Winamp, etc.) installed on your handset?

Upvote 0
Well of course it does. That's what is supposed to happen when you have Bluetooth connected. :rolleyes:):

Still doesn't answer my question. Do you have a third party music player (mixzing, power amp, Winamp, etc.) installed on your handset?

I have not installed any music players. I can not understand why the music plays when I have not started it and it can not be paused.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones