• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth earphones and mic

Have no experience with that headset, but my RIM (yes rim) BT headset, Plantronics stereo headset and cheap generic BT speaker work fine, both mic and speaker. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
Thanks for the info. I am particularily sold on the headset I posted. If the RIM gear works, maybe I get that. Since there seem to be a lot of RIM models, can you post a link for the model that you have. Since that one works, it may be a safe bet.

Upvote 0
Reactions: whs37
Upvote 0
I have a pair of these.
Amazon.com: Kinivo BTH220 Bluetooth Stereo Headphone - Supports Wireless Music Streaming and Hands-Free calling: Cell Phones & Accessories

Its cheap, price wise. quality is good. sound/voice is good. For its low low price, its a steal. But I don't think it can connect to more than 1 device at a time which is a bummer for me. I like connecting it to my N7 for music but connected to my GN in case I get calls. I tend to not put much on my GN (in fact its just for phone calls and providing my N7 with data). So I have to rely on the GN for music as well.

Nice thing I do with it is with the use of Tasker, whenever I turn on these headsets, my phone automatically starts up powerAmp and resume music from its last point and whenever I turn off the headset, tasker will terminate powerAmp. So I never touch my phone.

I have heard people with big heads can't fit into these headphones though. So I hope you don't have a big head :)
Oh one other downside. If you are in a dark place, the bluelight flash is VERY BRIGHT. The person sitting next to you on a red eye flight will not be pleased.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones