• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth File Transfer

mcummings7

Lurker
Oct 27, 2010
I'm trying to transfer pictures/videos from my phone to the computer via bluetooth. Everything is connected and I have had no problem sending files from the computer the phone, but everytime I try to send from the phone to the computer it says "unable to connect to remote device".....

anyone have any suggestions? this happens with pictures, videos and music files. I can't transfer anything to the computer.

The problem when connecting the SGS 2 with windows (XP) is that the bluetooth service PIM Item transfer is disabled standard. And when selecting share via bluetooth on sgs 2 it tries to make an connection via PIM Item transfer (which fails). So don't install additional software, only use standard software and enable the service (double click blue bluetooth icon in windows bar--> My Bluetooth places shows up next select ''view my bluetooth services" and enable "My pim item transfer" by clicking on it)

That's all.
Transferred files will be stored in "Bluetooth exchange folder"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones