• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bluetooth handset for app sound?

kmand

Mar 12, 2009
Is it inherent in Android that the phone Handset profiles (HSP and HFP) can't be used for audio from the non-cellphone applications?

I would like to listen to voice quality audiobooks and podcasts on my generic bluetooth headset, without buying an expensive stereo bluetooth headset.

Droid 1 is compatible. I bought this....

mFTPulTSUxFQZRLhFrImipvWaRzPkoYxpOp5cImY7IXMz_Y2FTID3WWVVJhp7EYNlvhmZfYfDp0g3e3LVJua6YWKs0a5thXXPx083t87SiBtTORSZSFXVG8y-nkeKn24w7xPqEUHDojCNpcm555UKXvyQw2lwpE_cLcb8Oh1MW2c_YhYWcEjbcpZavnjAtD31E0O

$100 at Best Buy
cheaper online.

I can listen to
phone calls
my music I have on the Droid
GPS Navigation. And if I'm listening to music, the music will mute, the directions will come through, then the music automatically picks back up.

I tried to charge it using a blackberry charger in the truck one day, and fried it, best buy swapped it out. Now, I only charge it at home using the charger that came with it and I have had ZERO complaints.

I use it in my jeep with no doors. 65 mph and I can still hear the music
I use it mowing the lawn, no wires to snag. I wear them under my ear protection that I wear when I mow.

all in stereo

I haven't used my radio in the jeep in over a year and this item makes me not even miss it. Gonna have to put a CB in the spot soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones