1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth Headphones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kylecummins, Apr 11, 2012.

1. kylecummins

kylecummins Android Expert

I work as a shipper/receiver and I'm allowed to listen to music at work. I primarly listen to tune in pro radio or google music. I'm not a big audiophile so I'm not concerned with sound that much, I just need to find a solution because I've gone through a lot of wired headphones at work as im constantly in and out of a forklift and ripping my phones outta the jack or my ears. I usually keep my phone in my pocket.

Does anyone have any experience with these guys? I've narrowed it down to four choices however I want to be sure they'll work with the phone in my pocket all day.

jaybirdstore.com

Specifically does anyone have any reviews on either the sports and or freedoms I'm leaning towards these , other options appear to be Motorola S10HD or LG SBH 700, any opinion appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

I prefer BT headphones that are behind the ear with pads. They're more comfortable for me. I had a pair, I don't remember the model, but they broke in my laptop bag.
    Currently I have the motorola S9 HD headphones, they sound great, but they are in the ear and not all that comfortable.

3. kylecummins

Do they play music fine if your phones in your pants pockets?

4. pool_shark

I don't know, I don't carry my phone in my pocket.

5. kylecummins

Where do you carry it when listening to music?

6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

I have a Samsung WEP870 stereo bluetooth headset, and it works great in my pocket, or even 20 feet away if I leave my phone at my desk and walk to a neighbors.

kylecummins likes this.
  7. pool_shark

In its holster on my belt.

kylecummins likes this.
  8. bobo5884

bobo5884 Member

I have the S10's. Love them at the Gym simply becuase of no cord in the way. I will say the Audio Quality is not as good as a 40$ pair of buds. I also have a large head so I am stretching these bad boys out a bit. If you dont have a "super dome" like me, they should go in your ear a little better and get better sound quality. They just dont seal perfectly in my ears.

Overall, def better then breaking regular headphone cords every two months.

Also works from pocket with no problem.

Anndd you can answer phone calls with them without pulling phone out of your pocket. Works well.

kylecummins likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I have the Motorokr S305, a behind-the-head headset, but with over-the-ear pads instead of in-ear buds.

I prefer the over-the-ear pads for when I'm working, or out in public, because I can still hear what's going on around me.

The S305 headphones are pretty inexpensive and have decent sound quality. If I go more than a few hours without taking them off, they can start to chafe my ears a little where the frame rests, but they're pretty comfortable otherwise.

I have no trouble with my phone in my pocket.

10. kylecummins

11. kylecummins

Figured I'd update this: received my sportsband on the 17th.

After two days of use I only have 1 problem: due to that nature of the headphones (active/workout) they do start to cause discomfort after a few hours of use but if you take them off for ten minutes its usually okay. Sound quality is great as is signal/connectivity.

I now just need to figure out how to get notification sounds to play through them rather then the default little notification as well as voice control features.

Any tips?

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews