1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth headset buttons not working when using multiple media apps

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by protolocke, Feb 5, 2011.

1. protolocke

protolocke Lurker

I have this pair of bluetooth headphones which I can use to play/pause and skip tracks while listening to music on my android. The trouble is when I have more than one media app running at the same time.

For example, I use the default android music app, the spotify app and the google listen podcast app. When I try to listen to music on the default music app while spotify is running in the background, I can still listen to music through the headphones but the bluetooth buttons don't work. The same thing happens when I'm trying to play podcasts on google listen. I thought that I could fix this by killing the spotify process, but whenever I try to kill spotify, it always comes back. So the only way I can fix this problem is by uninstalling spotify. But then google listen will take over the signal so I have to kill google listen as well.

Is there a way to fix this? All I want is to have the currently open media app take preference in the bluetooth signal, so that I can have multiple media apps installed without worrying about the bluetooth buttons not working. I have tasker installed, so if anyone can suggest some option there that would be good as well.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download