1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support bluetooth headset connection is very unreliable

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Special K, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Special K

Special K Member
    None

Oct 11, 2010
    I have been trying to use a Motorola H700 bluetooth headset with my Captivate, but haven't been having much luck. The H700 shows as "paired" with my Captivate when I go to the bluetooth menu, but whenever I open the mic on the H700, one of the following two scenarios usually occurs:

1. The captivate will connect to the H700 for a couple seconds, but will then disconnect automatically. If I close the H700 and open it again, it will typically do the same thing over again.

2. The captivate won't connect to the H700 at all, no matter how many times I open and close the mic and/or press down on the button on the H700.

Sometimes I can fix these problems by turning the phone completely off and then on again, but not always. Sometimes my Captivate completely loses the pairing to the H700 and I have to do the pairing all over again. When I try to do the pairing, sometimes I have a similar problem as with the connection - the phone can't see the H700.

Does anyone know what the problem could be here? Is the H700 just not compatible with the captivate? I originally bought the H700 in early 2007 to go with my RAZR, so it is a pretty old headset. When I used it with my RAZR, it just worked - I never had a dropped connection.

I'll also add that I always have bluetooth enabled on my Captivate - I don't manually turn it on when I want to use my headset.

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    i think it is that the headset is older. i had the same problem with a motorola h680 (i think thats what it was) so i gave up and got the jawbone aliph 2 havent had any problems with that headset.

I also have a razr v3xx and the motorola headset still connects to that with no problems.

3. sasylvanus

sasylvanus Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Culinary Service Director
    Sacramento, CA
    I am having similar problems with the Motorokr S9 stereo headset. It wont connect from the headset to make calls, but after initiating the call from the captivate, everything works. Music works, but just no connection from the headset for calls.
    Sometimes when it appears to be paired but not connected, I have to shut down phone, restart, and when pressing the headset on I hold the on button down until it makes a "beep" and then try the connection process again. If that doesn't work, then I remove the headset from paired devices and scan for new devices and recreate the S9' on paired devices on the Captivate

4. Special K

Special K Member
    None

Oct 11, 2010
    I ended up getting a Moto H17txt and haven't had any problems since. I guess not all old BT headsets are compatible with all newer phones.