• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Headset Disconnected

JB in AZ

Android Expert
Oct 27, 2009
Florida
Two issues I would appreciate help with.

1. How do I stop this message? "Bluetooth Headset Disconnected" I get it very often on my Hero. I have the phone paired with my 2009 Toyota, and leave the Bluetooth turned on on the phone all the time, so I don't have to remember to do that each time I enter or exit the car. I have also paired my phone with my wife's car, but she uses her phone with her car most of the time. Is there a way to stop this message? It has been hours today since I used my car, and I continue to see this message pop up on the phone. It does go away after a few seconds, but it is annoying.

2. When I go to Bluetooth settings, there are 3 devices shown, CAR MULTIMEDIA, CAR M_MEDIA, and HANDS FREE. I think our two cars are called CAR MULTIMEDIA and CAR M_MEDIA, and another one that I once paired with a Garmin GPS called "HANDS FREE". Is there any way to delete that 3rd device? And is this causing the above message?

thanks for any help.

i have a similar issue i guess. i don't get the disconnect message for that long. i have my hero connected to an 05 lexus and it paired perfectly, i can control it perfectly and hear / be heard fine. however, once the car turns off all my other bt phones just disconnected and i could speak regularly again. the hero?? nope! :mad: it says bt disconnected several times over maybe a 20-30 minute period after getting out of my car which i normally wouldn't mind however, i can't use the phone! i tried making a call right out of my car today. i literally turned the car off, walked into my house and had to answer a call but it was silent! when i had to get in my car 30 mins later and leave again, it connected and worked fine. the person that was trying to get me finally did and said it was silent on his end too. do you guys have it actually disconnect and get the message or is it in fact trying over and over again to disconnect like i suspect mine is?

Upvote 0
So no one has any idea how to delete extra bluetooth devices from the list on the Hero, and stop the "bluetooth handset disconnected " messge? Does anyone else get this message? I have searched to no avail. Not a big issue, just annoying.

Thanks!

Settings --> Wireless Settings --> Bluetooth Settings

Long press on the device entry you wish to no longer have.

Chose disconnect and unpair.

The screen will refresh and the device should drop off the list.

Upvote 0
Settings --> Wireless Settings --> Bluetooth Settings

Long press on the device entry you wish to no longer have.

Chose disconnect and unpair.

The screen will refresh and the device should drop off the list.

Thanks! Got it.

Now if I can figure out how to stop the annoying "bluetooth headset disconneced" message from popping up frequently (without having to turn the bluetooth off and on each time I exit and enter the car as was suggested), I will be happy. This was a good suggestion, just not practical. I like being able to just leave the Hero in my pocket.

Anyone have any other ideas why this is happening and how to stop it? Once, I can understand, but seems like every time I unlock the phone it comes up again. I'll have to pay more attention to see what conditions and/or activities activate the pop-up message.

Upvote 0
I get the message also, but it is not really an issue, unless seeing it just aggravates you.

Turbo3zdriver, I have never had that problem with mine. My Hero will try to stay connected if I turn the vehicle off while I am in a call without hitting the switchover button, but otherwise it works perfectly. It could be a compatibility issue with your cars bluetooth, I did get similar problems with my Touch Pro and my head unit.

Upvote 0
I get the message also, but it is not really an issue, unless seeing it just aggravates you.

Yup! Just an aggravation. LOL I can understand the message coming up once, but why repeatedly? I suppose it is constantly polling for the BT device, and announcing that it isn't connected. All other phones I have had with BT didn't do this. Oh well. I still love the hero.

Upvote 0

Turbo3zdriver, I have never had that problem with mine. My Hero will try to stay connected if I turn the vehicle off while I am in a call without hitting the switchover button, but otherwise it works perfectly. It could be a compatibility issue with your cars bluetooth, I did get similar problems with my Touch Pro and my head unit.

thanks for the warning - do you know if i should check with htc or lexus? i'm in my car and on the phone a lot so naturally if i'm on it and want to get out, i want to keep talking! lol, i'd like to arrange a fix with one of the manufacturers or something.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones