• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth headset not able to make calls

matttye

Android Expert
Apr 26, 2010
Lincoln, England
Hiya

I've installed this ice cream sandwich rom - [ROM][ICS][20/03][FIRSTAOKP/MTP]HyDrOG3N-ICS 20.03[NOW WITH MTP!!][SOURCEWORK][Up'ed] - xda-developers.

When somebody calls me when my phone is connected to a Bluetooth headset, it works fine, but when I press the button when not in a call, nothing happens even when I have apps like vlingo installed which listen for voice commands.

Is there some obscure setting that I'm missing or is this likely to be a limitation of the rom?

To clarify: with the sgs2 default firmware, when I pressed the call button on my Bluetooth headset it would open up vlingo and listen for voice commands. I'd like this functionality with the new rom, but maybe to use google voice search rather than vlingo!

Any ideas guys?

Thanks a lot :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones