1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Bluetooth headset problem with Android Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Morecooler, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Morecooler

Morecooler Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 yesterday. I've since discovered that the phone's Bluetooth audio capabilities are limited to phone functions and that Mp3 files and other audio content will not play via a bluetooth headset. My previous phone a Nokia (Symbian) would seamlessly play audio, stop for phone calls, and then resume audio playback. I use my phone a lot to listen to audio books while training and driving.

There are Android apps that provide some audio functionality, but so far I haven't been able to get those to work seamlessly. I find this flaw in Android Gingerbread unbelievable. Has anyone heard of any permanent fix for this design defect?

Advertisement

2. harkhanza

harkhanza Lurker
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    have you manage to find a solution yet...exactly the same problem here...

3. avish

avish Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2012
    I had the same problem with mp3 files.

I managed to get my mp3 files to work by recopying them from a master source, like from a laptop on which I had all of my songs.

And iTunes helps. It could identify which files on my phone were corrupted and which were not (not just by its desktop icon but by simply not playing it back). The files which looked different were not playing. So this made it easy to identify them and replace them with my originals from my source.

Aux c

4. avish

avish Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2012
    Having had issues with the samsung GS 2 microphone in the car with no solution- I got myself a cheap bluetooth headset to see how things go. (AUD$15)

To be honest this has resolved my problem. Even though the bluetooth headset's version is 2.1 it works pretty well with the version3 bluetooth that comes with the GS2.

I also noticed something with the GS2. If you are using your headset for the first time- it should pair easily.

But if you press your speakerphone mode on while taking a call or when the bluetooth is already paired- the bluetooth headset gets disconnected or unpaired.

Press headset (in the call screen) again when you are making a call. It should get you back. Or alternatively pair again.

Finally no more issues for me with this phone. Great.