1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Bluetooth help with car (Acura TL)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bradacura, Dec 23, 2009.

1. bradacura

bradacura New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Hi
    I am hoping someone can please help.
    I just bought a Motorola Droid with a PagePlus, a cell company that uses Verizon's network. I am having problems with the bluetooth with my car, a 2009 Acura TL. Previously I had no problems with the bluetooth on this car when I had an I9 phone with Boost Mobile.

When I get inside my car, it won't import the phonebook. However, it does says that it pairs successfully and it lets me add it as a new phone. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get it to work?

Thank you.
    Brad

Advertisement

2. ljgbronx

ljgbronx New Member

Dec 12, 2009
    I just successfully paired my Droid with my '09 TSX which I believe uses a somewhat similar (Alpine-manufactured) head-end to your TL.

The Android software was just upgraded on Dec. 11 to allow the Bluetooth protocol that will import your phone book. When I first tried it, I was also unsuccessful. By deleting the phone and re-pairing it, I got the phone to transfer the data. Your mileage may vary...but worth a try!

It's worth noting, though, that the Droid and other Android-based phones do not appear on Acura's official compatibility list for their cars. Good luck...

3. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

I don't know about the solution above i do know that, you can get it working by manual importing contacts. Depending on how many you need to add it may or may not be a reasonable solution for you.