• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth - how it handles calls / media

Hi all

I have the following setup:

Desire
Aux Input (for music)
SuperTooth One BlueTooth Hands Free

When I drive, I use the HTC Desire to play the sat nav instructions and music out of the Aux to the stereo however, if I enable Bluetooth, all music and commands are sent through the Bluetooth receiver instead.

On the iPhone, you have the option to route audio through headphones socket or through the BT device - but cannot find out how to do it on the Desire.

Are there any applications that make it possible to route calls out via BT and everything else out over the Aux?

Hello,

Building on WildWayz's point, I have a Desire and a Windows XP PC with speakers and microphone.

I want to route calls to the speakers and microphone on the PC - sort of hands free at my desk. Are there any applications that make it possible?

I will admit it is very much a nice to have idea rather than a must have...

Thanks for any help..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones