1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Bluetooth Impact on Phone

Discussion in 'Samsung Gear S2' started by Bang Hot, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Bang Hot

Bang Hot Lurker
    None

Apr 10, 2016
    Male
    I am considering pairing The S2 Classic with my new S7 Edge. However I have some concerns regarding battery life of both devices.
    As it's main purpose is acting as a notification centre for the phone, the connection would always be active (right?)

- Would I be charging the watch everyday?
    - What percentage drop of battery life is to be expected of my phone
    - Is the connection prone to disruptions, I often experience connection problems between my phone and speakers when another device has Bluetooth on.

Thanks for any replies

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Go for it :
    Battery life is not a concern, expect two days between charging for the watch.
    As for the battery life on the phone, it actually improves,due to notifications being pre-screened via the watch, cutting down on screen on time for the phone.....

Bang Hot likes this.
  3. Bang Hot

Bang Hot Lurker
    None

Apr 10, 2016
    Male
    Thank You for the prompt response. I guess your right if you take into account less screen on time.

4. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
    The watch should go 2-3 days between charges as long as you turn off wifi, NFC and if you have the 3G/4G model, GPS and Cell Network. The cell network drains the battery the most. If you leave it on, expect to charge it every night.

I haven't noticed any battery drop on my phone. Bluetooth is very efficient with power. Especially version 4.1 which is the version the watch uses.

I can connect my watch and external speakers just fine.

I have the Verizon 3G/4G model. I'm on Tmobile so I don't use the network but I can make and receive calls through the watch via bluetooth which is all I wanted anyway. Wasn't going to pay $5 a month for my watch to have internet access.

5. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
    Well looks like I lost the ability to turn off NFC. Pressing the option to turn it off freezes my watch for about 10 seconds and it stays on. Until Samsung Pay is officially on the watch, I wanted NFC off to save battery. Oh well.