1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth: Incoming Calls Interrupts Ongoing Call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Trent Tinker, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Trent Tinker

Trent Tinker Lurker

I'm on Pixel 3 XL and running Android 10. When I'm on a call and connected to my Bluetooth headset (Bose), any incoming calls interrupt the voice on my existing call as it reads off that I have an incoming call and the name and number. How can I turn this off?

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by mikedt, Feb 5, 2020 (11 points)
  3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I would guess that is a Bose setting first. Do you use the companion app? I have a 3 XL and Bose headphones, but not sure I have ever gotten a call *while* I was on a call. Check Bose companion app, see what options are in there and let us know!

4. Trent Tinker

Trent Tinker Lurker

NightAngel79 likes this.
  5. NightAngel79

Administrator

Thanks for the update, that is whack... Let's ping our resident Pixel Expert (lol, he loves when I call him that) @codesplice :)

Bluetooth is fickle, at best, but it does seem like you should be able to turn off the call waiting notification.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

In the Bose Connect app, try turning voice prompts OFF.

codesplice and Trent Tinker like this.
  7. NightAngel79

Administrator

Interested to know if this works, though not sure I'd want them *all* off.

OP, let us know if that works!

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

They still give tone indications, like power, pairing, battery status, etc

codesplice and NightAngel79 like this.
  9. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Nope, that's not a native Android setting as far as I'm aware. Android on its own doesn't even have a provision to read out information about an incoming call - it would just play a ringtone/beep to alert about the incoming call.

I think @mikedt's suggestion of disabling Voice Prompts in the Bose app sounds like a good thing to try. :thumbsupdroid:

mikedt and NightAngel79 like this.
  10. Trent Tinker

Trent Tinker Lurker

@mikedt - Thank you! Disabling the voice prompts worked. I missed that setting. Interestingly, even with Do Not Disturb on in the Android settings, Bose voice prompts will still disrupt your call. It completes cuts off audio from your existing call to tell you who is calling.

mikedt, NightAngel79 and codesplice like this.

Google Pixel 3 & 3XL Forum

The Google Pixel 3 & 3XL release date was November 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch or 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3430mAh or 2915mAh battery.

November 2018
Release Date
Reviews