• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bluetooth - incorrect PIN

Pedro Vera

Dec 17, 2014
I bought an inexpensive bluetooth speaker. Whoot!

When I try to pair with an older tablet (android 4.4.2), I get this message on the tablet:
"Couldn't pair with 14:15:EF:56:28:2A because of an incorrect PIN or passkey."​

What does it mean? Is there a way to fix this?

There are no controls on the speaker to set a PIN or passkey. The tablet does not ask for it.

fyi. I was able to pair the speaker with a newer phone, though the speaker instructions say the bluetooth name will be 'T-speaker', but the actual name on my paired list appears differently as 'T-sperker'.

fyi. I was able to pair the speaker with a newer phone, though the speaker instructions say the bluetooth name will be 'T-speaker', but the actual name on my paired list appears differently as 'T-sperker'.

Sounds like there's a typo in the BT speaker's firmware. I have seen that before with cheapo devices from China.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones