• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Issue - First Song Displays on Car Interface, But Then Gets Stuck

When I connect my phone, a Motorola Z4 on Android 10 (fully updated), the first song I choose will show up on the Display (Song Title, Album, Artist). However, when the song ends, the audio for the next song will play correctly, but the display will stay stuck on the first song. So the music is no issue, but the display doesn't catch up to show the correct song details. As an additional note, this happens in any car - my own, my girlfriend's and a rental car we used recently.

I've tried troubleshooting. I've gone into developer settings and changed from AVRCP 1.4 (default) to 1.3. This was suggested on forums where people couldn't see any song data. I've unlearned my phone from the car, and forgotten my car from the phone.

Does anyone have any more ideas? It's driving me crazy.

Thanks.

The problem does seem to be with your phone... or your player. Have you tried a different player to see if it behaves the same?
Well, I feel a bit stupid - I only ever use Spotify, but i downloaded soundcloud and tested it out, and soundcloud works just fine on the display.

I have cleared the cache from spotify before to no avail. But i suppose i should delete and redownload the app. I'm loath to do it with over 3,000 songs downloaded, but probably my only option.

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
When I connect my phone, a Motorola Z4 on Android 10 (fully updated), the first song I choose will show up on the Display (Song Title, Album, Artist). However, when the song ends, the audio for the next song will play correctly, but the display will stay stuck on the first song. So the music is no issue, but the display doesn't catch up to show the correct song details. As an additional note, this happens in any car - my own, my girlfriend's and a rental car we used recently.

I've tried troubleshooting. I've gone into developer settings and changed from AVRCP 1.4 (default) to 1.3. This was suggested on forums where people couldn't see any song data. I've unlearned my phone from the car, and forgotten my car from the phone.

Does anyone have any more ideas? It's driving me crazy.

Thanks.
Well I deleted and redownloaded Spotify, issue is persisting. SoundCloud works on the display. Guess I should post on a Spotify forum or hit up Spotify support. Thanks all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones