1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Bluetooth issue since update to 2.2 (.3)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by archercc, Aug 5, 2010.

1. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Has anyone noticed a change in the bluetooth profiles or support for such since the update to 2.2? Before my Moto S9HD headset would control the media player, allowing me to advance tracks, pause/play and such. It (at the time) wouldnt initiate calls but could pick them up.

Well flash forward to 2.2(.3) and I can no longer control the media player via my headset. I can listen to music and now I get the prompt when I hit the call button for voice dial but now my fast forward and play/pause controls are gone.

Even tried re-pairing the headphone. Is there another setting/control I need to set (noticed a few things moved in 2.2) or am I stuck until an update?

Advertisement

2. Satur9ine

Satur9ine Member

Jul 2, 2010
    I had the same issue and thought it was related to froyo also. Turns out it was my stitcher podcast radio app. Uninstalled it and the bluetooth controls worked again. I would suggest you uninstall any non stock audio applications you have one by one until you find the culprit.

archercc likes this.
  3. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    THANK YOU!! Apparently MyPod isnt 2.2 friendly because once you said podcast app I uninstalled that one and that one alone and I have my media controls back. It sucks that I wont be able to listen to my Deutsche Welle casts on the phone but more often I am running with it so having the media controls are more important to me.

Tags: