• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth issue with JVC KD-R820BT

oakley1261

Jan 28, 2010
I just recently purchased the KD-R820BT JVC deck, and it works great. Except for one issue. I'm not sure if it's my Bionic, or if it's the stereo, but it will not auto connect to the phone very quickly when I turn the car on. And Sometimes. I would say 4/5 times the Audio won't connect correctly when they do pair. I usually have to disable bluetooth and the force the connection. It's not a huge issue. It's just annoying.

Anybody else having an issue like this?

I just recently purchased the KD-R820BT JVC deck, and it works great. Except for one issue. I'm not sure if it's my Bionic, or if it's the stereo, but it will not auto connect to the phone very quickly when I turn the car on. And Sometimes. I would say 4/5 times the Audio won't connect correctly when they do pair. I usually have to disable bluetooth and the force the connection. It's not a huge issue. It's just annoying.

Anybody else having an issue like this?

Did you ever figure this out, because I was looking into getting one of these receivers.

Upvote 0
I have the KD-A925BT and have the same issue occasionally. Most times, the phone connects to the deck in a minute or so, and everything works fine. The most frequent issue is reconnecting after turning my car off. A lot of times it simply does not happen. Most of these times, I can go into the JVC menu and "Connect Audio", but sometimes I have to back out to the home screen/sttings/bluetooth on my phone and click on JVC connection within the BT settings of the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones