• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I am going to guess you are having major network issues. Have you tracked signal strength with "network signal info"

Update: I exchanged the phone for a new one (same, since this phone is just great). The signal has been better, still some call quality issues here and there though. But I do regret to report that the Bluetooth issue is still the same with this new device :( From what I noticed restarting the phone generally helps.
And I havent tried tracking signal strengh, how would you do that? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I've got similar problem, but in addition, my phone loses the pairing. When it has the pairing it continually chimes with the message (on phone) "Phonebook lookup" or something to that effect. Maybe that's an indication of it attempting to re-pair when it loses the pairing. I had an iPhone prior to this and it worked perfectly, in the same car (Acura TL 2012)
Any how, it's frustrating!

Upvote 0
I too have a Ford 2010 truck. I have managed to get both of our galaxy phones to Sync but after a few minutes the connection goes away. All settings are set to keep the bluetooth connected but I still am having this problem. Is there some form of an update of Sync that my truck needs or is it that the phone just has this glitch! I feel frustrated. I shouldnt have to reconnect it while driving using the media button on my steering wheel.....not really hands free once you get messing with buttons to reconnect. Anybody have any suggestions on something I may not have tried? Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones