1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth Issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JPForth, Apr 16, 2012.

1. JPForth

JPForth Lurker

Wondering if anyone has issues with the Bluetooth in the Razr Maxx?

I've had trouble with mine since I got it where it will not auto connect to my stereo in my car. I have to pair it and type the 0000 every time. I've also had issues with it connecting to headsets.

I also noticed this past weekend that I have to have the Wi-Fi on in addition to the Bluetooth to get it to connect to anything. Is this normal?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ehopper302

ehopper302 Lurker

My wife and I are having the same issue with our standard razr's. We have a 2012 Toyota Camry. We can only get it to connect if we delete the profile from the audio system and then re-register it. Not fun having to do this every time we turn blue tooth off or turn the car off. Any advise or help would be appreciated.

3. STEye

STEye Newbie

What car are you trying to connect to?

4. JPForth

JPForth Lurker

I'm connecting to an aftermarket Pioneer CD-BTB200 that is connected to a Pioneer avh-4300dvd head unit.

5. parkschr

parkschr Android Enthusiast

I am having problems as well. I can have my plantronics 520 paired and connected. I can answer a call by pushing the button on the earpiece, like normal.

However, I can not call out using the bluetooth earpiece. I have to wake the phone, unlock the phone, and then push the face of the person I am trying to call and then the earpiece works.

6. parkschr

parkschr Android Enthusiast

Fixed it. Settings, Location and Security, check the box that says "Allow Bluetooth bypass"

7. Heliskier59

Heliskier59 Newbie

The problem is not with the Razr but with the BTB200...I should know...I own one. Bluetooth will auto connect provided that you REGISTER the phone with the head unit after you have PAIRED it. If you just pair and not register it will NOT autoconnect. Another issue with BTB200 is if you upload contacts. You may need to DISABLE the A2DP (media) BT protocol befoe uploading the contact and then re-implement it if you want to stream stereo over BT. Pioneer had some shortcomings with this model that they refused to acknowledge or fix. For example voice dialing over BT does not work with the BTB200 and never will even though it was advertised as having this feature....

8. bluehue

bluehue Lurker

That didn't help... my bluetooth still goes on and off...

9. mindhead1

mindhead1 Lurker

I have been having bluetooth problems with my Maxx since I got it last month. The problems are most evident when using bluetooth in my car (see list of devices below).

Issues:
    - Phone doesn't always reconnect to in car bluetooth. Have to manually connect phone to vehicle.
    - bluetooth audio randomly cuts out. This happens while talking on the phone via in car bluetooth and while listening to audio via the bluetooth gateways connected to the Aux jack

I have used all the devices listed below successfully for over a year with an HTC Incredible 2. I think the issue with the Maxx is caused by the 4G radio interfering with the bluetooth signal. When I put the Maxx in Airplane mode and stream bluetooth audio to the gateway in my car I do not experience any audio problems.

I love the Maxx, but need reliable bluetooth in my device. I am hoping these issues are software related and will be addresses by the ICS update. If not, I will have to consider getting rid of my Maxx and getting a different device.

Devices
    2011 Hyundai Genesis
    Blackberry Bluetooth Music Gateway
    Griffin Bluetrip
    Blueant T1
    Jawbone Jambox

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews