• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

DOOBEE

Jun 9, 2011
i know this is has been asked for other phones, but has anyone specifically got a bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse working with the SGS2? And while using the HDMI out feature? i.e, to be able to plug the phone into the TV, sit back and go on the internet, stream movies etc without having to get up.

NZTechfreak has. No doubt he will pop up and point you to one of his very informative videos when the time difference allows.

However, I have connected a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to my phone and they worked perfectly. It was trivially easy.

My MHL cable is in the post so by tomorrow, I am hoping that I shall be able to say yes I have.

Upvote 0
NZTechfreak has. No doubt he will pop up and point you to one of his very informative videos when the time difference allows.

However, I have connected a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to my phone and they worked perfectly. It was trivially easy.

My MHL cable is in the post so by tomorrow, I am hoping that I shall be able to say yes I have.

You wont have a problem doing both at the same time. Ive just managed to get my 32GB class 10 SD card.. MHL is all I have left to get :D

Upvote 0
What I'd really like to be able to do is to run Ubuntu on my phone (I'm in the middle of installing a chrooted version) and to display this on an external monitor with a BT keyboard and mouse. This won't be a great experience unless I can somehow persuade the SGS2 to up the resolution from 800*480. I don't believe that will be easy but we shall see.

Upvote 0
I'm doing a video to show this in the next day or so, will be up at the Clove Youtube channel and blog.

Works great, I use it quite a bit.

Any bluetooth keyboard and mouse that support the bluetooth HID profile (should be basically all of them really) should work fine.

You mean you can use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard simuteanously?
Cause usb is already used for hdmi output so i cannot attach a usb keyboard.
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones