• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth keyboard - Yes. But Monitor - Crazy, am I?

parlayguy

Jun 8, 2010
OK. I've had my HTC Droid Incredible for several months now and I do a lot on it. So why not make it even more usable. I'm thinking about getting the Freedom Pro bluetooth keyboard for easy input for emails and working on spreadsheets (DocsToGo).

But now I'm thinking, why not get some sort of bluetooth portable screen for better viewing or a larger window. Is this crazy? If I'm going to use this like a portable computer (which one can with all the great apps), why not make the input/output better.

So are there any screens that I can connect to the Droid? Wishlist would be a 4x6 inch container that flips open to show a 6x8 screen. Something like the way the Freedom keyboard collapses. This way I could carry it around and pull it out if necessary (great for a stop for coffee or lunch).

Or what are the options to view on a TV/monitor (not as portable because you need the TV. But useful when away on vacation - no need to bring the laptop.

Thanks

There aren't any screens that can display video content streamed over BT, your phone doesn't support it either; there is some sort of a video streaming profile in BT standard, but I haven't seen it implemented in any device.

therefore your only option is to use a regular TV out cable and hook it up to a small 7” screen. But I haven’t seen any portable battery powered 7” screens. There are however, screens capable of running off a 12V car power adaptor.

Even if you manage to find something that has a built in battery,I doubt you can find a high res display ( then there is incredible's video resolution limit). And you'll have to find a place to set it all up. Given all that, using a notebook will be more convenient and cheaper.

Maybe in few years we might be able to replace notebooks and netbooks with a smartphone, but not yet ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones