• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bluetooth listening stops automatically since 4.2.2

kofuukali

Oct 7, 2009
Hey all

Since my update to 4.2.2 I found that bluetooth listening has become impossible.

It changes nothing whether I use tune-in, deezer or rdio as an application playing the music, or even whether I am listening om my bluetooth house sound system or my bluetooth headphones.

Systematically after listening times of between 3 to 15 minutes the music stops and when I wake my phone, I found the lock screen to be flashing uncontrollably...

This is very irritating, anybody else have this?

I still get the uncontrollable blinking on the login screen, but I managed to fix the Bluetooth issue because I am rooted and can flash zip files and recovery. Google changed the Bluetooth binaries in 4.2.2, and messed it all up. The zip file restores the 4.2.1 binaries.

If you are rooted, and are running a custom ROM, there should be a Bluetooth fix zip available that restores the old binaries.

Upvote 0
If you are rooted, and are running a custom ROM, there should be a Bluetooth fix zip available that restores the old binaries.

I am rooted, but am running stock. Where can I read more about this bluetooth fix? (I searched the web, and found a couple of references over on xda, but the results appeared to be mixed - some noticed an improvement, while some had issues (rebooting), while some other noticed no change.
Is this a different fix? (assuming it doesn't need a custom ROM of course).

Also, you indicated that it restores 4.2.1 binaries - I'm currently on 4.2.1 (Sprint), and bluetooth is horrible (it worked perfectly on 4.1.1 stock - unrooted). With 4.2.1, the BT connection drops within minutes of connecting to my car's BT system. Turning BT off on my phone at this point (in an attempt to restart BT) makes BT hang (turning off, but never turns off) - reboot is the only option.

Is there any way to go back to the old bluetooth drivers from 4.1.1? (I do want 4.2 Android though) :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones