• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth mic stops working middle of call

trevthefox

Lurker
Feb 3, 2014
Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have a jabra classic headset paired with my galaxy s3 (sprint) and after the update my mic on the bluetooth suddenly stops working.

I thought it was my headset that was damaged but it continued again with a brand new one. So here's what happens. I turn on the head set and everything works fine. I can dial through voice, voice to text, and people can hear me during the call. Suddenly, after 2-5 minutes, the person on the line can no longer hear me. If I disconnect and the reconnect, everything starts to work fine. I tried unpairing the headset and deleting it and trying again but I still seem to have the same problem. Keep in mind that the whole time the audio still works and I can hear the other person just find.

It's really frustrating because I can't figure out whats wrong. Let me know if you need any more details.

thanks for the help

It could be another app you installed that is interfering with the Bluetooth. Try uninstalling any apps that have permission to use bluetooth.

Also try going to application manager/all, then scroll down to "bluetooth share", clear the cache and data, restart the phone(off then on), then re-pair the headset.

You might also try doing a factory reset, then re-pairing the headset. Keep in mind you will loose all your data so back up first.

Personally, I have had the 4.3 update on my GS3 since it came out and I haven't experienced any problems. In fact, my phone runs smoother and battery life is good. Plus the camera CLICK sound can now be turned off. I have the Sprint SPH-L710 version, never rooted.

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Android v4.4.2
Jabra Classic BT Headset

after a few minutes into a telephone conversation, most likely at the same time, when the Note2 dimms or turns off the screen, the microphone of the Jabra Classic is muted.
I can hear the other end of the line, but not vice verse.
Shortly disconnecting Bluetooth and reactivating it, restores the microphone, unless the other end did not put down the phone, because they could not hear me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones