1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Bluetooth mouse fails to connect after installing Bluetooth Autoconnect

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Android Question

None

Device info:

Model: Nexus 10
    Version 4.3
    Speed link Snappy BT mouse

I have a Speedlink bt mouse which paired with and worked with my Nexus 10 just fine. I wanted it to connect automatically every time I used the Nexus so I installed Bluetooth Autoconnect. At the time I installed the app the mouse was NOT paired. I think that was a mistake.

After that the mouse would not pair no matter what I tried. The tablet detects the mouse OK and it shows up in the bt settings screen. However, when I select the mouse it briefly highlights to show I have tried to select it, but no pairing menu opens. I have uninstalled the app (several times) and rebooted the tablet (several times) but the problem is exactly the same. I now seem to have a useless mouse.

Advertisement

2. ortrigger

ortrigger Android Expert
    None

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    IT student
    Hi! Welcome to Android Forums!

It looks like you've done all the basic troubleshooting that I can think of. At this point, I would invite you to join the forums (there's a link in my signature) and find the Nexus 10 forum. They will be able to help you out with more in-depth troubleshooting and you will be able to reply back after joining also. The other thing you could try is a factory reset but then you would lose your data. Good luck!

3. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert
    None

Aug 30, 2012
    I would try uninstalling Bluetooth Autoconnect and see if it works any better. Then if it pairs but loses its connection, pair it and install Bluetooth Autoconnect again.