• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bluetooth music controls in Apex, Darkslide, stock ROMS

quickaudi

Android Expert
Jul 15, 2010
TN
I have a bluetooth stereo headset (one of the Rocketfish behind-the-head setups from Best Buy), and I've had great success with PowerAmp on Apex 1.3.1 while using the BT headset controls. I had no issue using the forward, back, play and pause buttons.

However, I swapped to the latest Darkslide and the BT headset can play/pause the PowerAmp music player, but if I use the forward/back buttons, it controls the stock music player. Quite frustrating, to say the least.

Not sure why it's doing that, but I was looking for a fix in the Darkslide threads and didn't find anything. Does anyone know if there is a fix, or if not, is there a way to disable the stock music player's response to BT headset controls?

(FWIW, they worked fine on the stock ROM as well.)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones