• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Noise Cancelling?

Howdy!

So I bought a white GS3 about a week and a half ago, and while I love everything about the phone, I do have one issue with my Bluetooth headset.

I got a Plantronics Marque M155 (sold at ATT store), and while talking on the headset while doing anything but sitting in a quiet room the person on the other end of my call hears so much background noise it almost covers my voice. While driving, all they hear is a gigantic loud wooshing noise and cant really understand me at all.

I got the same problem when I switched back to my older model Plantronics bluetooth as well, and even exchanged the current M155 for a new unit at the ATT store with the same results.

So my questions... anyone else having this issue? Or could my phone be a dud maybe? If I take off the bluetooth, the phone's noise cancelling works just fine... its only when on bluetooth that I have the issue. Any suggestions?

Howdy!

So I bought a white GS3 about a week and a half ago, and while I love everything about the phone, I do have one issue with my Bluetooth headset.

I got a Plantronics Marque M155 (sold at ATT store), and while talking on the headset while doing anything but sitting in a quiet room the person on the other end of my call hears so much background noise it almost covers my voice. While driving, all they hear is a gigantic loud wooshing noise and cant really understand me at all.

I got the same problem when I switched back to my older model Plantronics bluetooth as well, and even exchanged the current M155 for a new unit at the ATT store with the same results.

So my questions... anyone else having this issue? Or could my phone be a dud maybe? If I take off the bluetooth, the phone's noise cancelling works just fine... its only when on bluetooth that I have the issue. Any suggestions?

same headset, same issues, got mine from radioshack

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones