1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth Noise Cancelling?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FatalException, Aug 15, 2012.

1. FatalException

Howdy!

So I bought a white GS3 about a week and a half ago, and while I love everything about the phone, I do have one issue with my Bluetooth headset.

I got a Plantronics Marque M155 (sold at ATT store), and while talking on the headset while doing anything but sitting in a quiet room the person on the other end of my call hears so much background noise it almost covers my voice. While driving, all they hear is a gigantic loud wooshing noise and cant really understand me at all.

I got the same problem when I switched back to my older model Plantronics bluetooth as well, and even exchanged the current M155 for a new unit at the ATT store with the same results.

So my questions... anyone else having this issue? Or could my phone be a dud maybe? If I take off the bluetooth, the phone's noise cancelling works just fine... its only when on bluetooth that I have the issue. Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Android Enthusiast

I would go back to the AT&T store and get a different headset. BT noise canceling should be handled by the headset.... But, if after trying a different brand you have the same results it may indicate something with the phone itself.

I use a Jawbone with mine and have no issue with background noise.

3. FxsX24

FxsX24 Member

same headset, same issues, got mine from radioshack

4. EpicMindWarp

EpicMindWarp Well-Known Member

Then it's definitely the headset and not the handset.

Return the headset for a refund/exchange.

5. FatalException

Alright... at least one person has a similar issue. I'll have to try and find where my wife put her old Samsung headset, maybe that will work better.

Besides the Jawbone (with is wicked high price tag), are there any other decent headsets that I should look into?

6. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Android Enthusiast

7. FatalException

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews