• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bluetooth not seeing other devices, but discoverable

IkarugaDC

Lurker
Feb 24, 2012
Lurker here~

Concerning several variants of CM7 (Tickerguy, Whyzor, Starship), and the current MTDEV CM9, I have not been able to pair any bluetooth devices to the triumph; namely, it can't see any devices. I've tried Gametel controller, a couple bluetooth headsets, a mytouch 3g, and mytouch slide. On the other hand, when the triumph is made discoverable, the MT3G and MTslide both can see the triumph. AND the gametel under some weird ID (initially thought the gametel was defective, not the case). Does anybody else have any bluetooth issues pairing devices, and if so, is it isolated to not-stock-based ROMs?

Edit: never mind, CM9 seems to have alleviated it, at least for the gametel. It worked after I put it on HID gamepad mode.

Lurker here~

Concerning several variants of CM7 (Tickerguy, Whyzor, Starship), and the current MTDEV CM9, I have not been able to pair any bluetooth devices to the triumph; namely, it can't see any devices. I've tried Gametel controller, a couple bluetooth headsets, a mytouch 3g, and mytouch slide. On the other hand, when the triumph is made discoverable, the MT3G and MTslide both can see the triumph. AND the gametel under some weird ID (initially thought the gametel was defective, not the case). Does anybody else have any bluetooth issues pairing devices, and if so, is it isolated to not-stock-based ROMs?

Edit: never mind, CM9 seems to have alleviated it, at least for the gametel. It worked after I put it on HID gamepad mode.

ive never used my bluetooth so im only going to be of little help at most,
id say set the name of your device, like Myandroid or something, the turn discoverable on, then turn the time out for the discoverable off, and id even try rebooting the phone with these options and see if they stick, then after the reboot try and connect a device

and maybe some more tinkering in the bluetooth settings lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones