1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth Not working- Next Step?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lvanarsdall, Aug 14, 2012.

1. lvanarsdall

lvanarsdall Newbie

A couple of days after re-rooting my Droid 3 after the 906 update, my bluetooth started to malfunction. When I turn bluetooth on, it continues to turn on and off untill the phone crashes. If I try to enter bluetooth settings, settings crashes and takes me to my home screen. The only system backup I have used is Titanium Backup Pro. I did a batch "unfreeze" but the same problems exist. What is my next step to try to correct this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mayhem

Mayhem Android Expert

Try a factory reset?

3. lvanarsdall

lvanarsdall Newbie

With a rooted phone, is a factory reset safe? From searches I made befoe making this post, it seemd that a rooted phone should not get a factory reset. Am I mistaken?

4. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

No, a factory reset should be fine. If you have Clockwork recovery, you could do a Nandroid backup, just in case. You can also try installing Titanium Backup Pro to backup user apps and data to make those easier to bring back (bluetooth settings are system app data.)

5. lvanarsdall

lvanarsdall Newbie

Thanks. I have Titanium Backup Pro installed, so I feel better about this.

6. lvanarsdall

lvanarsdall Newbie

The reset fixed my problem, and I did not lose root. Google market remembered that I paid for Titanium pro, so no problem there. I assume I can use TBP to restore my apps? I there a setting I can use so that I restore my apps while not restoring the probem that caused my Bluetooth to fail?

7. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Good to see that this fixed it.

Yes. In TiBU, tap menu->batch and choose the run button next to "restore missing apps with data". This will show you just the apps that you installed from the Play Store, and no system apps (or apps already installed.) You can still choose which apps to install before it runs.

8. lvanarsdall

lvanarsdall Newbie

Thanks. I actually ended up making 3 restores, for I kept getting greedy and restoring more from TiBU then I should, which brought back my original problem. The setting you recommend is perfect and everything is running great.

Motorola Droid 3 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews