• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Not Working

I use the default file transfer sw and it works fine

How? My Sensation does precisely squat with bluetooth. Other than pairing and connecting to a headset, it can't print, it can't send or receive files from a bluetooth enabled Windows 7 64-bit laptop, and HTC tech support tells me they provide NO drivers for bluetooth use with computers, and they also don't even provide SUPPORT for the damn thing!

What animal did you sacrifice to make this $500 paperweight work?

~D.

Upvote 0
How? My Sensation does precisely squat with bluetooth. Other than pairing and connecting to a headset, it can't print, it can't send or receive files from a bluetooth enabled Windows 7 64-bit laptop, and HTC tech support tells me they provide NO drivers for bluetooth use with computers, and they also don't even provide SUPPORT for the damn thing!

~D.

My phone sends and receives file from my Dell laptop with win 7 32bit (not 64); on the laptop I use an USB bluetooth dongle and the default Microsoft driver. Just remember that to send a file to the PC you must enable the reception of the file on the PC before starting to send (right-click on the Bluetooth icon on the systray).

I can also send/receive files from Nokia phones.

Upvote 0

~D.

As I said in previous answers on one of your other posts it can't print over BT, and no Android phone can. You can print over the air using (paid for) services or if your printer has special features (forgot what they are called). I can send and receive BT files from my Windows 7 64 bit laptop, and I explained how in my reply to another post of yours. Not sure why you can't but I have a standard HP Elitebook, so nothing fancy there. And no animals were harmed to make this happen. ;)

And in any event just plug it in using USB and you can move things onto your PC and play and print with them at your leisure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones