• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth on Eve

So, I must admit I have never fully embraced Bluetooth technology. I do not have a wireless Bluetooth headset, or any other such device. When my wife and I both had Blackberry Pearls we paired them with Bluetooth but could never do anything with it.

Now I am trying to use my Eve with my PC. I paired the two devices thru droid successfully. Now I want to transfer music via Bluetooth from my PC to my phone. When I try it though, it fails. Actually, when I go to my PC program for transferring data to other Bluetooth enabled devices, my paired Eve isn't even a choice on the list. When I try to just send it using Bluetooth directly from the windows explorer (right click on the files and choose Send, then Bluetooth) it doesn't work either.

Anyone else able to transfer files with Bluetooth from their Eve? I really want this to work since I am having issues with connecting via usb with my laptop (won't stay mounted)

the eve bluetooth paired up with a motorola t505 works well for music streaming in the car. sounds like i'm listening to a cd where it's coming through a selected unique fm station. t505 will taking incoming calls but placing outgoing (hand free) voice calls it can't do. this needs to be adressed i hope in version 1.6

Upvote 0
Hi all
Problem with the BT on the phones is that most of the applications that control BT on the phones can only operate as an AUDIO device. Therefore any file transfer is not supported. On the other hand some phones have option of sharing music/photo files via BT, for example old models of Samsung not smart phones with mini SD cards, the way it worked is you would select a file and click OPTIONS and one of them would be SHARE VIA BT. I also had success of sharing files between HPipaq and my old Nokia phone.
I tried to play with the phones BT and nothing works. I think this phone is design to download files via USB and on memory card only, or share your files via Gmail,Facebook,MSM,Picasa or MySpace. Hay, they are making money on DATA usage, so we have to work on the ways to avoid it.

Cheers

Upvote 0
FYI, I'm using a Stereo Motorola S9 headset that I got with an earlier phone. The Eve recognized the headset straight away, and I can use it for calls and streaming audio, sounds as good as the other phone ever did. (Incidentally the stereo line out the top of the phone gives me better sound than my Ipod or my Zune.)

Too bad the headset looks dorky.

I was wondering why the phone wouldn't transfer files via BT.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones