• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Pair with Another Phone

GAUG3

Apr 28, 2010
Is anybody able to pair and connect to another phone?

I can pair and connect fine with my laptop and car head unit fine.

I was trying to connect to co-worker's BB and wasn't able to. All it would say is Paired, not connected.

So, I tried pairing to a co-workers Incredible and all it said is Paired, not connected. We tried pushing files anyways and it failed.

Any ideas?

I found this also and it worked:

To transfer files using Bluetooth, you must pair your device with the device first. To pair the devices, first ensure your other device is discoverable, then please press Menu on the Home screen, and tap Settings > Wireless & networks > turn on Bluetooth > Bluetooth settings > Scan for devices. Your phone will start to scan for Bluetooth devices within range. When you see the name of your other device displayed in the Bluetooth devices section, tap the name. Your phone then automatically tries to pair with the device.
Once the phone is paired with the device, you can send pictures and videos by pressing All Programs > Photos > tap and hold the pictures/videos you want to share > Share > Bluetooth > select the Bluetooth device you want to share the file with.
You can send audio files by pressing All Programs > Music > tap the music you want to share (the music will start playing) > Menu > Share > Bluetooth > select the Bluetooth device you want to share the file with.

Upvote 0
I tried this at work the other day. Co-worker was able to discover my Inc, connect to it, and then able to view all my files just as if he was looking at my phone in Astro. However, when I tried to connect to his phone, my Inc would never discover his phone so I was never able to view his info. Weird that it worked one way and not the other. Was also interesting that he had as much access to my phone as he did.

Upvote 0
I found this also and it worked:

To transfer files using Bluetooth, you must pair your device with the device first. To pair the devices, first ensure your other device is discoverable, then please press Menu on the Home screen, and tap Settings > Wireless & networks > turn on Bluetooth > Bluetooth settings > Scan for devices. Your phone will start to scan for Bluetooth devices within range. When you see the name of your other device displayed in the Bluetooth devices section, tap the name. Your phone then automatically tries to pair with the device.
Once the phone is paired with the device, you can send pictures and videos by pressing All Programs > Photos > tap and hold the pictures/videos you want to share > Share > Bluetooth > select the Bluetooth device you want to share the file with.
You can send audio files by pressing All Programs > Music > tap the music you want to share (the music will start playing) > Menu > Share > Bluetooth > select the Bluetooth device you want to share the file with.

Yep, that is what I've been trying. It will pair. It will not connect.

I tried this at work the other day. Co-worker was able to discover my Inc, connect to it, and then able to view all my files just as if he was looking at my phone in Astro. However, when I tried to connect to his phone, my Inc would never discover his phone so I was never able to view his info. Weird that it worked one way and not the other. Was also interesting that he had as much access to my phone as he did.

Very weird.

Upvote 0
My sister had same problems when we tried to pair Motorola Droid with Incredible. Showed pairing, but files would not transfer. Tried Bluetooth File Transfer and ANDRO. HTC and Verizon tech said it wouldn't work (different protocol???? for different phoens) for univeral software???? It works if you do it 2 times (first time error, second time works).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones