• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth paired device no longer automatically connecting

bwyvern

Lurker
Sep 24, 2014
Our (my wife and I) Samsung Galaxy 3 phones used to connect automatically with our 2013 Toyota Corolla, whenever we turned the Bluetooth on. Since a recent update of the O/S (it is now version 4.4.2, kernal version 3.4.0-1784548), our phones no longer connect automatically.

After much fiddling, I figured out that it will connect automatically if I turn the Bluetooth on first before starting the car.

The "BT Power" setting is ON. The "Display setting" setting is ON as well.

I tried reinitializing the settings. I tried unpairing and pairing the device again. I tried rebooting the phone. I tried turning off the car and phone and turning them both back on. All to no avail.

Given that it used to work and that we haven't taken the car in for any maintenance and we have had a recent update of the phone O/S, it appears that a bug has creeped in to the O/S.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones