1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Bluetooth Pairing Issue fix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AttorneyIncredible, Aug 10, 2010.

1. AttorneyIncredible

AttorneyIncredible Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    So I am having issues pairing my Inc with my Audi. Seems a common issue with several of the german cars and my research indicates it is because HTC loaded a crappy version of bluetooth with the phone, not the true 2.1 version that is in other phones.

Has anyone found a workaround/fix for this? is it scheduled to be fixed in Froyo?

thanks for the help in advance.

Advertisement

2. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Don't know about Froyo, but I had problems with Bluetooth prior to the Leaked OTA. Now I have no issues pairing with Ford Sync. I used to have issues when I would cut the car off and then restart. Now it pairs right back up.

3. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Cincy
    Been following this blutooth issue. It appears that 2.2 will take care of any handsfree voice dialing which I am most concerned about. I installed a parrot blutooth kit in my VW. It does pair currently with the 2.1 but I can't voice dial like I use to be able to do. If anyone can confirm this with a leaked 2.2 it would be much appreciated.

4. justinandroid

justinandroid Member

May 24, 2010
    This topic interests me as well.

I can pair my phone perfectly as a bluetooth headset making receiving calls through the vehicle stereo. But for some reason it will not let me pair it as a bluetooth audio device to listen to music on the stereo.

Not sure if this could be related to the bluetooth stack on the phone or what...

5. AttorneyIncredible

AttorneyIncredible Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    are you rooted? did you have to root to install the leak?

6. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Sorry, I didn't see your reply, No you don't have to be rooted to load the Leaked OTA, and no my phone is not Rooted. It adds a mobile hotspot and a cool Splash screen like the commercials that VZW aired with the specs swirling around and the sound of "DROID" as the letters appear. A really cool update.