• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Pairing

TravelinJack

Lurker
Sep 18, 2017
I paired my Moto G5 Plus Android smartphone running Android 7.0 to the Bluetooth feature of the entertainment system in my 2013 Camaro 1LT, but nothing seemed to happen. That is, I expected the audio from the Android Auto app on my smartphone to be heard from the car's entertainment system, but it wasn't. What did I do wrong?

Thanks for the information. However, I think I've found the problem. Apparently, Bluetooth only works with hands-free calling. I haven't actually tried to make a phone call via my car's entertainment system with my Android smartphone connected via Bluetooth. That will be my next experiment. Nevertheless, all the Indian signs point to hands-free calling being the only Bluetooth connection to my phone.

My Camaro is in cherry condition except for the entertainment electronics. (The car supports OnStar and SiriusXM, but my smartphone can largely replace those and add more features.) I read someplace Pioneer is making replacement entertainment systems for cars that supports Alexa and Google Home. The price of the equipment is about $500, I think. Installation may cost extra.

I was so fixated on the mechanical, electrical, and physical condition of the car, I forgot to think about the electronics insofar as the Internet and AI are concerned. Big mistake...

Upvote 0
Are you wanting to play the music from your device, on your car stereo via BT?
You may need an adapter of sorts, like a Bluetooth A2DP that may be available for your car.
I don't know if this is the right PDIM, but something like that I had to buy to make my BT music work in my Chevy Cruze:
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-2279...0055B0QUS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Just a thought :)

Edit: maybe this part number?
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-2098...---------3-0&sr=1-4&ymm=2013:chevrolet:camaro

Upvote 0
I've got 2 Chevy's, brand new, and can play everything off my phone's effertlessly via Bluetooth. No adapter needed.
Try this: rather than using Android auto, just use the stock music player and pair your phone and see what happens.

Thanks! I tried your suggestion but no dice. So far as I can determine, the Bluetooth feature only applies to phone calls. That is, in the selections provided on the entertainment system, Bluetooth only appears under Phone as in telephoning. I believe the more expensive version of the 2013 Camaro comes with a much better entertainment system, including a touchscreen. That system might support Bluetooth for music and other sound from a smartphone. The main intent of the entertainment system I have is to use the features of OnStar and SiriusXM manually, both of which cost money to use. Both of those features work well but are on a collision course with Google Assistant, Alexa, and so forth. I can set my smartphone to Android Auto and use it to navigate, get information, make and received phone calls, and play music. However, the sound could be better, and Google Assistant doesn't hear my commands very well with music playing. Clearly, the real deal is to have Google Assistant, Alexa, and/or others built into the car's audio-visual system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones