• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Pen?

ajpoe

Lurker
Nov 10, 2010
I have a Fascinate. A lot of my colleges are starting to use iPad tablets to take notes in them with a stylus in lieu of paper. I have also seen pens out there that record pen strokes as you write on paper and will show it on your PC once you sync it later. I was hoping that there is a Bluetooth pen that I could connect with my Fascinate and have an application running on the phone that would record the pen strokes in the app whether I'm writing on a piece of paper, or on the desk, or where ever... I know the screen would be too small to actually write on the phone but I would think the technology exists to record pen strokes in an app. It would be nice to have one very portable device that could take notes in and have the ability to email it from the phone or sync it to my PC and print/email from there if needed. We have been moving all of our filing to PDFs to save on paper and this would just be another digital move and a way to back up all of the paper notes that we take in internal meetings, etc.

Thank you,
Anthony

Welcome to the forum! :D

I know of the type of pen you describe; most of them require a special pad to write on, or some Windows-based pen-unloading application.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing out there of this kind for Android.

I don't know if I should add a "...yet" to that sentence; to me that would seem a little optimistic. Bear in mind, Android is much more a smartphone than it is a pda -- and what you are wanting is decidedly within the pda domain. :( Android is not even intended to be used with a stylus ... so even Android-based tablets may fail in this regard.

...but don't mind a grumpy old geezer like me! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones