• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth plays music but can't talk

allysar

Lurker
Jul 6, 2012
I just upgraded from an S5 to an S7 AT&T. I paired my phone with my Toyota Venza and my audio works via Music player or Spotify but I cannot get my calls to go thru the Bluetooth in my car. I don't remember having this issue when pairing my S5. I have cleared the cache which I had seen to be a problem elsewhere. Am I missing something?

I am posting this as it took me 8 months to figure out why I suddenly had pairing problems with my Galaxy S5 and my Toyota Rav4 after almost two years of using the two together without problems. I updated the software in both the car and the phone. No change. Actually got a new car radio (with bluetooth) and that didn't fix the problem. Finally upgraded my phone to a new Galaxy S7 and that did NOT fix the problem. So I realized that the problem was likely related to my phones - what was the same about them? I rebooted the new phone to it's new state and one by one began adding back my apps that I downloaded myself, testing the bluetooth with each one. When I added YELP, the problem began again. I had to wipe the phone clean again, and add back the other apps. The bluetooth has been working without a glitch once I remove Yelp from my phone. Hope this helps someone else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones