1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth problem--EVO V 4G cannot send files past the first 64k.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ODGeek, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ODGeek

ODGeek Well-Known Member

I've been trying to use Bluetooth to exchange (picture) files between my EVO V 4G and MacBook computer.

The devices have successfully paired. The MacBook shows the EVO and the EVO shows the MacBook. The MacBook has been set to automatically receive BlueTooth file transfers in my "bluetooth" folder...

I am able to successfully send files FROM the MacBook to the EVO.

When I attempt to send files FROM the EVO to the MacBook, I get the popup progress indicator showing the file being received. The meter never goes any higher than 64k Bytes transferred. The transfer always fails after a given time.

Previous attempts to send MP3 or other files from EVO to MacBook also fail in a similar manner.

Is Bluetooth on the EVO V 4G a "one-way street" (i.e. only able to receive files, but not send them)? I never had any problems sending files from my Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus Slider, or LG Optimus V to the same MacBook...

Any help would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AngryTeddyBear

AngryTeddyBear Android Enthusiast

I just tested it out and I have the same issue with my iMac.
    But if you want to transfer files then why not use a usb cable? :p

3. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Just for information Blutooth transfers work fine on my Win7 pc using a version 3.0 dongle and the Toshiba stack.

4. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

mine also works on other phones and my computer

5. ODGeek

ODGeek Well-Known Member

Indeed...why bother with a cell phone when one could use an old-school hard-wired land-line phone? Too lazy to get up & walk to the other room for USB cable...Seriously, why should I need that for a "wireless" phone?

Running OS X Lion, if that makes any difference...

6. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

One reason why is that after finding the cable it is much simpler, robust and versatile. You have simple drag and drop copying when using usb vs. Bluetooth usuay limiting you to a single folder for file transfers. For 1 or 2 quick pics or something I'll use Bluetooth but for heavy lifting usb is much simpler and faster with more options available as to file destination and the like.

7. ODGeek

ODGeek Well-Known Member

s
    Update:

Rooted, SOFF, and Midnight ROM 1.21 on phone, along with "Fix Everything by turning your phone into an EVO 3d" fixes...

Now, the transfers work, albeit unreliably...(file size seems to have grown from 64k to 1024-ish k)...

Odd that the only suggestions so far have been "go get your USB cable."

8. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sIG4Cw&usg=AFQjCNEQEif7de_R9Cmx1XpqoiieAb7VEw

Here is a option to transfer over your wireless network. This is the free version that limits you to a 4mb file size. To get unlimited file size you need the pro version for $1.40.

Here is another option.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...SwxLDEsImNvbS5zaW5jZTIwMDYuYXBwcy53aWZpbGUiXQ..

Haven't used the second link but there are a lot of options for wifi file transfer.

Here is a bluetooth option.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...251bGwsMSwxLDEsIml0Lm1lZGlldmFsLmJsdWVmdHAiXQ..

Here is another. Wireless usb for this one. Not sure if this is over bluetooth or your wireless network. I think its over wifi.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...251bGwsMSwxLDEsInNpaXIuZXMuYWRiV2lyZWxlc3MiXQ..

9. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

Just wondering if you tested any of those I posted?