• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth problems connecting with Pioneer car stereo

NoahBuddy

Lurker
Sep 18, 2012
I've never had any problems connecting my LG Optimus V with any Bluetooth headsets or my MacBook Pro laptop.

Today, I ran into a problem connecting with a Pioneer car stereo - the DEH-6400BT. I was able to play music from the Optimus V, but i wasn't able to use the phone via Bluetooth, which was my primary reason for getting this new stereo. I can't access any of the Bluetooth phone features - I didn't hear the phone, nor was I able to access the phonebook.

I was able to connect the car stereo with someone else's Android phone to use the phone features, so it looks like it's a problem with the LG Optimus interface.

i installed A2DP Volume from Google Play, but that was fairly useless.

I sent a message to LG, and received the message "Please contact the stereo manufacturer for compatibility information."

I'm waiting for a message from Pioneer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I tried a lot of different ways of connecting the phone with the stereo. I turned it off, rebooted, tried using the phone vs the stereo to "pair," erased Bluetooth profiles, and everything else I could think of.

I called Pioneer, and spent over 15 minutes trying out different options. They were trying to be helpful, but none of the solutions worked. They confided that some phones just don't do Bluetooth very well.

I called LG, which offered NO options, nor they could provide me with a list of hands-free Bluetooth car stereos this phone would work with this phone. I got the impression part of the problem is with LG's specialized software profile.

I'm not very happy with LG right now. Based on today's experience, I don't think I will ever another LG phone again.

Upvote 0
look for something that came out around the same time or soon after.

or get a newer phone , them DEH decks are awesome, they sell so many different configs to get what you need. And nothing pulls in the radio station like a pioneer, their supertuner works. Let me run shaved antenna's and still get all the stations. I got two of them.

one is about 10 years old, just an alarm and set up for multi amps [lots of clean sub out] other is maybe 5 years old, only 2 sub outs but does DVD and MP3. I can put 100s of MP3s on a single DVD.

newer ones with usb, SD n bluetooth look tempting.

Upvote 0
I had no problems connecting my v into a pioneer car stereo so I think it may have been the deck as you returned it and it worked fine on the new one. Also no problems connecting with my wife's Kia (the only thing that threw me off the first time or two was that the phone needed to be "discoverable".) but has been a breeze ever since.

Upvote 0
I wish I could say the new JVC car stereo was now working flawlessly, but it's still not working as it should. Today, I was able to make it work for 30 seconds, but then it disconnected.

Are there any experts on making this phone work with bluetooth car stereos? I didn't have this type of problem with bluetooth headsets. Is there some kind of secret, under-the-hood control to tweak the settings?

Upvote 0
The factory radio was removed.
It was replaced by a Pioneer DEH-6400BT.
After two days of frustration, it was replaced by a JVC KD-R730BT.

The LG Optimus V is running OS 2.2.2.

I'm open for suggestions on hacking the phone to make it work with the BT-ready JVC stereo.

Considering how disappointed I've been with Virgin/Sprint 3G network, this latest frustration with the phone may be the turning point for me to find something else entirely.... but I'd still like to find a way to make it work if I can, as I don't want to change phones right now.

I appreciate all attempts at a solution.

Upvote 0
That's why i asked what kind of car some factory radios have special interferes to make things work with the brain of the car for example chevy has the oil life reading in the car some models you have to use the radio to reset the oil life upon changing the oil . So your factory radio has that interface . You may need some relays to make work . Or like the guy said about the time changing of the products you may need a new blue tooth or just adding a app from the playstore to make the radio and phone work better . You can google it maybe something simple where no money is needed to get it to run ....:eek::beer: i am here at work and see that you will need to buy a kit and its simple to hook up the av cordes and the ports on the back of the radio. Check with any local bestbuy or pepboys and maybe walmart or check on ebay also ......

Upvote 0
Also looking for a solution please.

I bought a pioneer 6400 few months back and had the bluetooth mic installed and everyting was working 100% with my iPhone 4.

Got a samsung galaxy note 2 yesterday and it don't wanna work?

The samsung detects the pioneer in the bluetooth devices, but the pioneer just shows "No service" on the screen.

The only thing I can do is wait for an android update...

Upvote 0
I have a tablet I use in the car, and was not pairing with my pioneer FH-X700BT.

Here is my solution:

Pioneer Stereo
- menu > Clear Bluetooth Memory
Tablet
- Install Bluetooth phonebook app
- Launch app and UNCHECK "enable Pbap"

Restart tablet and make sure the option is still unchecked under the bluetooth phonebook app. and turn on bluetooth. Connect to the stereo, you should be good to go.

Worked for me.:smokingsomb:

Best of luck.

Upvote 0
I searched for the no service error on the same model stereo. Found this page and tried most of the suggestions not realizing this was a droid site. I ended up getting my unit to connect again using part of what the users here suggested and a little tooling withmy phone.

Using the radios controls I deleted the Bluetooth memory. After screwing around for a bit I realized all I had to was attempt to pair my device again through my phone. Hopefully that helps on the droid too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones