1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CharlesLewis, Jul 3, 2017.

1. CharlesLewis

CharlesLewis Android Enthusiast

Periodically my phone seems to reconnect with the Bluetooth in my car. It makes the rather annoying chirp that it and the car make when I first start the car. It may happen when I'm driving (both with Audible partying and with it not) or if I'm reading a Kindle book while parked and waiting for my wife to shop, and it doesn't happen with any regularity.

Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Do you have any power settings that turn off Bluetooth when the phone goes to sleep or has a low battery level?

3. CharlesLewis

Not that I remember, but I have the problem even at 50% and higher.

4. lunatic59

What kind of car and what's the hand's free system? Sometimes those use the same tone as the default for everything so it might not be a "connection" notification at all. You could probably disable the tone if it doesn't bother you NOT to have the audible notification.

5. CharlesLewis

2017 Prius. I'm not sure what hands-free system Toyota uses, but I've seen Entune audio in some posts when I first got the car. Turning off the audible notification would work, but I've not seen that as an option under Bluetooth settings.

6. CharlesLewis

I also remembered I have Bluetooth Auto Connect on my phone. In case that's the problem, I turned off that app's notification sounds. I'll check the next time I drive to see what happens.

7. lunatic59

You mean this app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect&hl=en

Yeah, that could be the problem. Even though it's maintaining the connection, it might periodically search and reconnect. I've never had a problem keeping a Bluetooth connection with any of my phones and never used a helper app. Do you have problems or was this a preemptive app install?

8. CharlesLewis

That's the one. I was having problems with the initial setup for the connection when I got the car in February and tried that to help. I honestly don't know if that was the solution or whether something else worked.
    I've turned off the notification to see what happens. If I still have any problems, I'll delete the app to determine if the automatic connection still works.

9. lunatic59

I'd uninstall it just to be sure. You could always reinstall it if there's a problem, but Bluetooth connections really shouldn't need that kind of help.

10. CharlesLewis

I'll let you know how it works. Thanks for all your work.

lunatic59 likes this.
  11. CharlesLewis

Well, deleting the app had no effect, so I rebooted my phone and that seems to have worked. Frequent beeps on the road this morning and none in the two hours since!

Motorola Moto Z Play Forum

The Motorola Moto Z Play release date was September 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 625 processor, and 3510mAh battery.

September 2016
Release Date
Reviews