• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bluetooth problems

My Jabra BT 250v has been working beautifully with the last 4 phones I've had... it took a while to find one that worked (went through 2 motorola bluetooths prior to this), but this one works great - now just need it to work on my droid!
I have the Jabra BT/Droid X and I can make voice calls, most of the time. Most phones have a voice trainer. The Droid doesn't, at least to my knowledge. As other post have said, there are many lingering issues with Droids. My volume on my phone resorts back to nearly off when I initiate a call via BT. I haven't figured that one out either. I have to manually turn the volume up on the phone to hear through the BT. However I can initiate calls via the PTT button it just gets most of what I say WRONG! But I am from the south ( Just a bit of humor during your frustrations).

Upvote 0
I have a Plantronics Voyager 510 and it pairs just fine. I can answer a call and end a call, but cannot initiate or voice dial. I do love this headset and use it for hours daily to do software demos and keep my hands free. It worked flawlessly on my old WinMo phone with every feature.

I also can't seem to figure out how to get music or movie audio to transmit to the headset - is there a setting I'm missing or is that just a 510-Droid problem?

-Matt
I have a similar problem. The bluetooth Plantronics Explorer 390 makes and receives calls flawlessly, but will not receive music from the Droid.

John915

Upvote 0
I too am having the same problem with my bt devices disconnecting @ random. I have 3 devices myself:

Rocketfish bt stereo headset
Jawbone Icon mono headset (awesome device!)
BlueAnt z9 bt headset (another awesome device)

Each one replicated the same issue, and these are top notch units. I'm smelling a bug within the froyo build. Anyone else have this problem on their rooted motor droid1?

I'm turning to you guys for help. Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

Upvote 0
I am using a Jabra Cruiser for my car and can easily initiate a voice dial call with a press of the call button. I hear 'Speak Now' and I say 'call Karen SP... at mobile'. Then we're connected. I also use its built-in fm transmitter to get my music on the car speakers and control the volume with the radio. It is far better quality than the other cheap fm transmitters I have tried. My next car will have an audio input jack.

Upvote 0
I have a Motorola Droid and use iLuv Bluetooth headphones. They suck for calling, I've been told I sound miles away, but I have them mostly for music. Thing is, I can't seem to be able to route the music player audio to bluetooth. It just uses the phone speaker. Any advice?
Hi, thought I would chime in about the bluetooth sound issue. I have a LG Ally(actually I'm on my fourth, but that's another story) and I just run into an issue where I was trying to listen to some music over my Motorola S9 Rokr stereo headphones, but the sound only came through the phones tiny speaker. The first three phones(as I stated earlier)would connect and play fine but of course this one wants to be different. Anyway, I searched this site but couldn't find where anyone had the exact problem, or solution (until now). So I played around with my phone a little more and found under bluetooth settings where it shows the device is parred if you long press the device it brings up a screen.Press options. On the next screen(it is important I think, at least this worked for me to have your device connected at the point) select the "media" check box and uncheck it, then recheck it. This reset or did whatever to mine and the sound started to come out my headset. I am listening to Mary Jane's Last Dance as I type this. You may be able to uncheck and recheck the box beside where it says "connect" but I just selected the one for "media". Hope this helps someone. Now go rock out! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones