• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Problems

c64

Nov 6, 2009
I can't seem to fully connect via bloetooth.I'm running windows 7 64bit. When i try to pair with created code it says on phone paired but not connected.I tried pairing from phone and laptop,same problem. Connects usb no problem.In win 7 device manager, eris device icon keeps lighting up then going grey.
Help:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

It's heartbreaking... Android 1.5 doesn't support any bluetooth profiles other than the standard headset. Data transfer and (I assume) all other neat tricks you want to do is supported by Android 2.0, which the Eris will receive in the "first quarter" next year. If I'm not mistaken, the only Android devices that do what you want are the Moto Droid, and phones that have been rooted.

I was very sad to learn this. I figured an OS as open as Android would support unrestrained bluetooth functionality. But on the bright side, it's actually best for me to plug in my phone via the USB cable, because it keeps my battery from failing by the end of the day.

Upvote 0
It's heartbreaking... Android 1.5 doesn't support any bluetooth profiles other than the standard headset. Data transfer and (I assume) all other neat tricks you want to do is supported by Android 2.0, which the Eris will receive in the "first quarter" next year. If I'm not mistaken, the only Android devices that do what you want are the Moto Droid, and phones that have been rooted.

I was very sad to learn this. I figured an OS as open as Android would support unrestrained bluetooth functionality. But on the bright side, it's actually best for me to plug in my phone via the USB cable, because it keeps my battery from failing by the end of the day.

not that big of a deal, just being lazy on my part.Works fine through usb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones